Al Sharpton for President 2004 Campaign Brochures
‘KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE: DON’T WASTE YOUR VOTE’
I am running for President of the United States to make sure that ALL the voices in our Democracy are heard loud and clear and to provide a real choice to voters who believe we must:
First use our tax dollars on economic development, improving schools, protecting the right to vote HERE AT HOME before we ship our dollars overseas to places such as Iraq and Afghanistan.
Secure the Right to Vote, to High Quality Health Care and to High Quality Education.
Create Tax Fairness by reversing the Bush Tax Plan for the wealthiest and giving the biggest tax breaks to the working people of our nation.
By supporting my campaign and by voting for SHARPTON you will send a powerful message that WE WILL NOT BE LEFT OUT OF THE NATIONAL POLITICAL PROCESS ANY LONGER!
Everywhere I go throughout America during this campaign I will be challenging and urging students and grassroots activists, local city councils and mayors, county commissioners and school boards, state legislators and governors - as well as local and national leaders and organizations - to pass proclamations and resolutions, and to lobby Congress to support the four amendments in my platform: the RIGHT to vote (H.J. Res. 28), the RIGHT to a public education of equal high quality (H.J. Res. 29), the RIGHT to health care of equal high quality (H.J. Res. 30), and the ERA, equal RIGHTS for women (H.J. Res. 31).
And, yes, I will challenge members of the U.S. House and Senate - and all the presidential candidates - to support this legislation. This campaign will serve as a launching pad and beginning for a new human rights and constitutional rights movement in this country. We are going to fight for each of these amendments - one at a time - throughout this campaign and beyond.
I'm running to win, and nobody knows - until they are actually nominated in Boston in July, 2004 - who will win the Democratic nomination and be elected President in 2004. We do know that only ONE of us will win. And if I do not secure the nomination, I vow to support any of the Democratic candidates running, over George W. Bush or any other Republican presidential nominee.
But if I can help to advance this 10-point agenda, my campaign, the Democratic Party, and the American people will all have won and been well served.
This platform provides a rationale for my running, and gives meaning and uniqueness to my campaign. Other Democratic candidates are running on a platform of good PROGRAMS - most of which I support. I'm running on a platform of HUMAN RIGHTS and CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS that will greatly benefit ALL of the American people.
I'm running for President to:
1) Raise issues that would otherwise be overlooked—for example, affirmative action, anti-death penalty policy, African and Caribbean policy.
2) Fulfill American democracy by supporting voting rights or statehood for the 600,000 disenfranchised citizens of the District of Columbia.
3) Increase political consciousness and awareness.
4) Declare the RIGHT TO VOTE A HUMAN RIGHT and supporting H.J.Res. 28, a constitutional amendment.
5) Stimulate more people to get involved in the political process.
6) Declare EDUCATION A HUMAN RIGHT and supporting H.J. Res. 29, a constitutional amendment.
7) Increase voter registration.
8) Declare HEALTH CARE A HUMAN RIGHT and supporting H.J. Res. 30, a constitutional amendment.
9) Strengthen our REAL national security by fighting for human rights, the rule of law, and economic justice at home and abroad.
10) Rejuvenate the idea of putting AN EQUAL RIGHTSAMENDMENT FOR WOMEN (ERA) in the Constitution and supporting H.J.Res. 31, a constitutional amendment.
©2000-2020 by the 4President Corporation